County of Brant, ON – February marks WinterActive in Brant. This month is dedicated to celebrating winter and being active. Every day there are events and activities to enjoy. Most activities are free or charge a minimal fee.
“Come out and enjoy a full roster of activities. We have something for everyone including badminton, building a snowman, volleyball, dancing, skating, yoga and Kinderplay,” said Stacey Ellins, Recreation Supervisor for the County of Brant. “WinterActive is a fantastic way to beat the winter blues.”
A few upcoming activities include:
- Monday, February 12: Cardio Combo (55 yrs +) at Syl Apps Community Centre, 9:30 - 10:30 am
- Tuesday, February 13: Kinderplay at Scotland Community Centre, 10 -11:30 am
- Wednesday, February 14: Drop In Play Time at Burford Community Centre, 5 - 8 pm
- Thursday, February 15: Afterschool Gym Time at Scotland Community Centre, 3 - 6 pm
- Friday, February 16: Range of Motion + at Burford Community Centre, 10 - 11 am
- Sunday, February 18: Public Skate at Burford Community Centre, 1:00 - 2:00 pm
Families and individuals are invited to visit one of the County of Brant’s many drop-in programs, hit the trails or catch up and grab a warm drink at one of the cozy cafes and bakeries in Brant.
“Each time you attend a WinterActive activity, you will receive a stamp on your calendar. Take your stamped calendar to the Rec Expo and receive a ballot for each stamp,” said Ellins. “The ballots will enter you into a draw for a grand prize. I can’t give away the surprise, but the grand prize is pretty awesome!”
The Rec Expo will take place on Saturday, February 24 from 9 am – 12 pm at the Brant Sports Complex and focuses on recreational programs, sports leagues, activities and more.
For more information on WinterActive activities, please visit: www.brant.ca/winteractive.